Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Jennifer here briefly...

I just wanted to say a big thanks to you Carol, for keeping up with my blog while I'm recooperating. It hurts to sit at the computer for too long, so carry on! I really appreciate it, and so do my fans--er, I mean friends and family LOL.

A quick update from today's midwife appointment: Sage lost the 4 ounces he'd gained the other day, so she advised to supplement with more gusto. But she's still not worried about his health. He's pink, hydrated, and latching on well. She said his jaundice is gone, but because he hasn't had the 6 heavy wet diapers in 24 hours that they need to have by day 6, to give him more formula. She also said that I may have to always supplement. Earlier she had indicated I may be able to stop soon. We'll see how the milk drug effects things and take it day by day.. although I did send Jake out to get some new bottles (we've been using a syringe till now). Also, shortly after the midwife left, Sage had 2 great big poops and also peed on the bed. Yay! LOL I'm happy that it happened, just a little sad it had to happen where I sleep.

Hayden is adjusting really well to his new brother. He's very curious and points out his ears, eyes, nose, funny black belly button, and nipples quite gently. This afternoon on his way to his nap, Hayden even gave Sage a hug! Sage responded by hitting him in the face with a flailing hand. Hayden didn't mind, just sort of laughed. He also seems humongous now! I changed his poopy diaper this afternoon (after Jake lifted him to the change table) and I was like Wow, you are a huge baby! When did you get so big? It seems so weird to me, especially head size, because I can fit Sage's whole head in my hand, but it takes two to go around Hayden's big mellon.. and then not even the whole way round! My aunt Penny said that would happen, and I knew it would, but the experience of it is really weird. In a good way of course.

Anyway (notice I didn't say Anyhoodle, which I got a complaint about LOL) that's about all my uterus can stand right now. It's shrinking and hurts like a m-----f-----. More from Carol soon....? We can only hope!

love to y'all,
Jennifer

PS Carol thinks she's qualified as a doctor because she wore scrubs the other day. I have her complete thoughts on this in detail, which I will post later.

No comments: