Monday, September 11, 2006

Spaghetti Casserole

Mmmm Tonight I made a super casserole. Spaghetti noodles with yummy tomato sauce (included were onions, garlic, fresh tomato (without skin cuz I hate how it curls up in a sauce), 1/2 a jar of salsa (for extra veggie goodness and also I didn't have any more fresh veggies) and Ragu spaghetti sauce. Oh and ground beef. All of this I prepared as though it were going to be a regular spaghetti dinner, but I've been craving melted cheese over spaghetti for a few days, so I mixed noodles and sauce together in a large dish and then put a whole container of cream cheese in a layer on top, and also grated cheddar cheese over that. Then I baked it for 15 mins at 350, until the cheeses were melted, but not browned. Mmmm then I served it. The cream cheese adds a yummy zip to the sauce, as well as mixing somewhat to make the sauce slightly creamy. Anyway it was good. I'm bringing the rest of it to my mom and dad's house for dinner tmr because there is so much left!

No comments: