Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Advancements

Three exciting things to report:

a) Sage slept from midnight last night until 10:30am! And when he woke up, he wasn't even screaming hungry. We had a great morning of smiles and squeals.

b) When I put Hayden to bed last night, I brushed his teeth, changed his bum, sang him some lullabies (even tho they sounded awful since my voice is still rough, but he doesn't care) and then I sat there for a few moments wondering if I could leave him to fall asleep on his own. I asked him if he would mind - he said "no" (he says no to everything, even when he means yes) so I gave him another kiss and said goodnight. I closed the door and stood outside it for a few minutes to see if he'd panic and cry, and he didn't! I'm sooo happy, because up till just recently he's needed one of us to lie down with him until he falls asleep, but a few weeks ago instead of lying down with him, I just sat on the edge of the bed. Seems like he's well on his way to being a big boy!

c) I applied for debt reduction for one of my three student loans (I will be applying for debt reduction on the other two as soon as I'm allowed) and my $4000 debt was reduced to $700! I couldn't believe it. One of other loans is around $5000, and the third is about $13,000, so if I can get similarly pardoned, I will be a VERY happy camper.

No comments: