Sunday, January 07, 2007

Jolly Dangler

Yesterday for the first time I put Sage in the Jolly Jumper, but he didn't jump. He stayed in it for 25 mintues tho, just kinda slowly turning in a circle, dangling there quite contentedly. I love the expression on his cute little face, that half smile reminds me of a doll I once had named Pinky. She had pink woolen hair and a pink dress. Unfortunately she got ruined in a flood, but she was my favourite doll ever. Sorry Tina and Vicky - cabbage patch kids - I loved her more than you. What's that neighing? Oh Cotton Candy - my little pony - I guess I should say she was my favourite PERSON doll ever. You'll be my favourite horsie doll for all time, my dear.
What was I talking about? Oh yeah. Sage! My real-life doll! Yeah, he's great. Immediately after I hung Sage up in the contraption, Hayden swooped in and wanted to swing him around and do all the bouncing for him. I kiboshed THAT particular action right away. The only other thing is that the bar that connects the spring to the baby's straps is almost perfectly at Hayden's eye level, which we discovered through painful error. Don't worry, I will be keeping the two separated for all future jolly dangling or jumping episodes. The pictures were taken before the accident, and Hayden's fine. Also I have to admit that I photoshopped my teeth in that photo to make them whiter. They were so yellow, especially next to Hayden's little pearly whites, that I was embarrassed. I just noticed in this photo of Sage, that he's keeping his little arms straight down also, like a little river dancer.


Through the magic of photo shop I made the hole in the wall from the doorknob disappear! Also, sorry if you can't see Hayden, I realize he's wearing camouflage print from head to toe. [Old joke to Mindi: Where's Glen? Can't find Glen!]
This is Anya playing "Nap Time" at her house a few days before New Year's eve. She arranged her friends to "nap" with her as well. Such a socialite!
Hayden playing with Anya's toy broom. Men With Brooms? Try Kids With Brooms! Why do kids love brooms and vacuums so much?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, hilarious. Is it wrong that I still use that joke with people? LOL

I've been at mom's over the holidays and on dial up so I'm just doing my Hussicot blog catch up now and I'm lovin it! Glad you're all feeling better now.

Happy New Year and all the best in 2007!
xoxo
Mindi