Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Update

Well congratulate me, I got the Pennington's job! I start on Monday. I get a 50% off discount! I'll have 2 or 3 shifts a week, so approximately 9-12 hours, just perfect for me while on unemployment! The manager called me today and asked if I could come in this afternoon for an interview with her. When I got there, she asked me if I had any questions for her (I didn't) and then said she would like to hire me today (yahoo), as one of her other employees slipped and fell at work this morning, dislocating a hip (ouch). The dress code is Business, so since my dress-up clothes are all business CASUAL, I have some shopping to do. The discount starts after my shift on Monday. Luckily I do have ONE nice fancy blouse I can wear. I finish at noon, and I have an appointment at my house at 1:30pm, so that sounds like a PERFECT little time period to shop shop shop. I do need some new shoes FOR monday tho. Comfy dress shoes. Mmmmmm, shopping. I think the Pennington's in North Bay also needs me to shop at it, or so a little birdy told/asked me.

The other news is this week I started working out at Curves! I find it just fantastic. I got in on the last day of a really great sale. Instead of a $200 start-up fee, all you had to do was bring in 2 bags of non-perishable food items. I saved $185! That was my biggest beef with Curves before - the cost. But I will be totally able to swing the $46 a month it costs to be a member, with Jake working and now with me working. Also the added bonus of working at Pennington's is that as I lose weight and inches, I will be able to get replacement clothes at a 50% discount! Have I mentioned that I get a discount? I also get a 25% discount at Reitmans, Additionnelle, Smart Set, Thyme Maternity, and a couple other places I have neither shopped at nor heard of. My other big beef with Curves had been that I was embarrassed to be weighed and measured by a fit and skinny person. Well the person who did that for me was wearing a baggy sweater and had greasy-ish hair, and I didn't feel intimidated at ALL. I just kept my eyes away from the page where she was writing down numbers. Yes, it is a good thing.

Sage will be 7 months old on Saturday. Top of the morning to ya, Laddie. One of his teeth has erupted on the bottom, and the other one is about to do the same, and he's craaaaaabeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You can also see the outline of his top teeth through the gum as they're coming down. I was remarking to my mother that Sage is following the textbook a lot more closely than Hayden did. Hayden got his top teeth first, around 9-10 months old, and didn't roll over until after he crawled.

This morning after Doodlebops were over (Hayden's favourite show ever) I turned, as usual, to CHCH for The Price Is Right. Before the announcer said the name of the show, the sparkly lights and cheesy music came on the screen and Hayden gasped and said really loudly "AAAa!! Price is Riiight!" I guess that means there's a routine in place...?

You may have noticed my Facebook badge on the left that I put up a few days ago. You should join Facebook. It's really great to get in touch with people you've gone to highschool, college, university, or just worked with. There's even a browsing section, and a nice woman from Markstay browsed me, and now we're on our way to becoming friends! I found three cousins on there, two I'm kinda close with, and one that I haven't been, but now we have caught up a bit and have plans to get together to catch up more at Easter. Click my badge and get involved. Endorsed by Yellowknifers as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Pennington's job! That's awesome. I'm so jealous. I wonder if I can get a part-time job there just over the summer. During the 'school year' I don't think I can swing it, what with the dogs at home and other responsibilities. But I would LOVE the %50 discount and am also losing inches right now and am going to have to start buying new clothes soon. EEK! I might just be hitting up Value Village for the next few months until I stabalize at a lower size.

Very cool about Curves too. You told me about the great deal you got, but I forgot to email you and ask how your first night went the other night. Sounds like it was good though. YAY for that! How many times a week are you planning on going?

I did Week 3, Day 1 of my Couch to 5K running program on Monday! I was so nervous about Week 3. I didn't think I'd be able to do it. But I did! And I'm so happy. :D