Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day and Bits and Pieces

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!
Also some other things. My pea plants have flowers and the flowers are turning into peas! I didn't know that's how that happened, but it makes sense now that I think about it. They're about a foot high, and I didn't expect peas until they were loads taller. My petunia plant has had 3 blooms and has 3 or 4 more buds. They're purple with white, but sometimes they're white with purple. I wonder how they decide? I've got two other flower plants but they haven't yet bloomed. Three morning glories have sprouted. I planted those at the very end of May. I also strew Forget-me-nots in front of the peas, and now there's something growing there, but I can't tell if they're weeds or the seeds. They were from my cousin Rob's wedding 2 summers ago, so I wasn't sure if the seeds would still grow. My tomato is very leafy and growing great! I needs to get a bigger cage for it, cuz the leaves are touching the walls of the existing one.
Our pool is a wonderful thing. It's been so hot the past couple weeks we've been extremely thankful that our friends gave it to us.
Kitty is proving to be good at catching small moving things. Just today she brought home a little birdy. Jake saw her drop it off on the front porch, and it was still peeping and moving so we tried to catch it and move it up the lawn to recover, but it ran under the car to hide. I was sad she hurt a little bird, but I'm glad she's good at catching.

No comments: