Friday, July 13, 2007

It's been one week since you looked at me...

said my blog to me today.

How could that week have gone by so fast? Weird.


I don't really have much to say. The other day the sky was really beautiful so I took some pictures.. here they are:




After I took those garden pictures, it really took off. The morning glories started up their strings, the pink petunia bloomed only two pink flowers, and all the rest of them were dark purple! Very strange. I noticed my garlic in the fridge had sprouted a light green stem, so I planted it in the garden too. Now it's dark green with spots of lighter green, almost like an aloe vera (is that normal?) and has about 4 thick chivey looking leaves coming out the top. My tomato has MANY flowers and is kind of leaning over. I NEED a tomato support cage asap. I'd started a couple extra pea plants inside and they were nice and tall, so I planted them the other day. A few weeks ago I'd soaked and added a few more pea seeds right to the ground, and I thought none of them had survived, but when I was planting the newest seedlings, I noticed two HAD survived although were quite small. We'll see how they grow!

Jake went blueberry picking the other day, and came back with a LOT of berries. They were so big and plump! We still have lots left, so I think I'll be making a blueberry cake this afternoon. My sister and her family are coming for the weekend, so it'll be nice for after supper tomorrow. The boys really like eating blueberries, and they're a nice convenient fruit to have cuz we can just put a handful on the highchair and Sage practices his pincher grasp picking them up one by one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those sky pics are gorgeous! And mmm how I love fresh blueberries! I want to practice my pincher on them too! :)