Friday, July 27, 2007

Summertime

Last weekend we went out to our friends' house for swimming, bbq, and drinks. We slept over and had a great time. Hayden rekindled his enjoyment of the pool because this inflatable dragon was just TOO enticing to stay out. I'm glad, cuz he's been scared of our pool ever since we first put it up cuz he slipped and went under the water the second time he went in. He was even scared of the bathtub for a while after that! But since the dragon was so fun, he's been in our pool too. I got him an inflatable fish ring, which he puts over his head and wears around his waist. If he slips (which he has) while wearing it, his armpits catch him on the fishy and his head doesn't go under water. Before he would wear the fish tho, he did slip and I caught him right away after he went under the water, and he wasn't too upset. I told him how brave he was and praised him and he didn't hardly cry or panic. I'm teaching him to lean back in the fish and kick his feet, and also to lean forward and kick his feet behind him. Maybe one day we'll go over to Penny's pool and play there too!


Hayden and Sabrina after I left the pool to take a picture of this event.



All the Nerpin's pool toys. How could ANYONE resist?


On Wednesday Rachael, John, Hayden, and I went out to Sandy's camp. We met up with Penny, Fionna, Elizabeth, Sandy, Wendi, Meghan, and Hannah. Oh and Carter and Sam the dogs. We had a great dinner and visit. Hayden of course was enthralled with everyone, and I've come to the conclusion he's a big flirt. At one point tho, he was in a trance-like state after a staring contest of sorts with Meghan.


The Trance

Hannah enjoying a wine spritzer.
See how happy wine spritzers make her? LOL
Penny ponders on the porch. Great view.
Elizabeth and Hayden bonding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my mommy..