Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas

Is coming. I'm almost ready.
Our three legged table is kind of unsteady.

What do I want? What do I need?
What do I tell you to get me, indeed?

Well our table is one thing that needs replacing
And my coat is losing it's interfacing.

Our furniture's all used, almost nothing is new
Something else I require is a work shoe or two.

My kitchen could use a new gadget or gizmo
Like the Super Electronic Cake Mixer Fantizmo.

Ok I made that thing up, it's not even real.
But something like that has a lot of appeal!

Aside from this stuff, above all these things
There's one gift I'd love above anything.

I wish things were different and my mom were alive.
Not in the hospital, health not taken a dive.

Healthy and strong and able to do
Things with her kids, her grandkids, sisters, husband and you.

I miss her so much, I miss her so bad
It's over six months and I'm still just as sad.

So for Christmas the angel that sits on top of my tree
Is not simply an ornament, it's my Mommy.

2 comments:

Dara said...

you brought a tear to my eye. i've left facebook but my blog is still active. hope you still check in.

Dara

Anonymous said...

Aww! You're so sweet. I was all giggly and laughing at first and then got all sad and nostalgic.
Merry Christmas to you all!
xoxo
PS Mom says she's sending you a HUG for Christmas. And since she's sending one, I'll package one in there with it too! :)