Friday, March 21, 2008

Vehicle

Well, our car is on it's last tires. The transmission is struggling. The fuel consumption is out of this world. The muffler is not muffling much. The hood got jammed shut (no worries Sassy) and we can't add windshield wiper fluid or tranny fluid. The gas gauge is stuck at full, the driver's side power window motor is burnt so the window won't go down, the ceiling fabric is falling onto our heads. The tape player doesn't work, but at least Sabrina got the tape that was in there out, so we don't have knives sticking out of the dashboard, their points under the tape to lever it up so the radio would still work.

Does anyone want to buy this gem? $100 as is. LOL

So what are we doing then? I'll tell you! I applied for a car loan through a website called ineedacar.ca and they got back to me and said that as long as my credit councellor agreed that I could afford it, I would be approved. I waited a week and a half and didn't hear back, so I called them. The number was out of service. The email address of the guy I'd been in contact with was no longer good (my email returned to me as "no such address"). Well that's nice, I thought. So I applied again at Craig Terry Motors. They specialize in selling cars to people with bad or no credit. At first they said no, because I'd just applied through ineedacar.ca twice. I informed him that I'd only asked once and that they'd never gotten back and their number was now out of service. He said he'd work on it. Long story short, I finally got approved on Wednesday, had it finalized on Thursday, and I'll be driving my 2004 Pontiac Montana by Monday! My car insurance isn't even going up a whole lot. It's currently $21 a pay (I pay biweekly) and it'll be going to $33 a pay once we take the Celebrity off.

So Yay for us! New Car! Spacious Car! Young Car! A Car from this century! A Car Which Most Importantly Can Take Us To Visit Jake's Family In The Near Future! So if you see a navy blue minivan full of kids and a dog and our smiling faces headed your way, please let us in.

No comments: