Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sadly last night Lacey escaped from her tie-out and ran to the highway and was struck and killed by a transport. The car behind the accident stopped and the guy heard me calling for her and diverted me away. Jake ran out and I was getting a blanket to wrap her to take her to the vet, but Jake came back and said she had to have died upon impact.

We are grieving our beloved pet. Kitty misses her too. She was meowing for her last night.

She was not the same bouncy, over-excited, overwhelming dog that everyone would see when they came over. She was calm and playful, and gentle with the kids, and obeyed the important commands. We miss her so much.


3 comments:

Dara said...

I'm sorry. It's tougher to lose a pet than one thinks...

My mom put down our family golden retriever 2 years ago. Who would have thought it would be so incredibly hard?

D

Anonymous said...

We're so, so sorry to hear about Lacey. I know how much pets are part of our families, and how devastating it is to lose them. Please tell Jake especially how sorry we are.

Sarah & Mark xo

Anonymous said...

I miss her too. She was such a lovable pretty girl! Big hugs. xoxo