Thursday, June 26, 2008

Good Bye Tan Boy... Good Bye..

Well I sold a kitten. The tan one. I was looking through the bargain hunter on Wednesday (that a friend at work lent me) and wishing I had a deacon's bench, when I decided to check out the pets section. I saw an ad that said "Wanted: fluffy male kitten, willing to pay" and I acted. I called the woman (named Kim, but not Vietnamese, for anyone following my current Miss Saigon obsession) and told her about my 5 1/2 week old kittens that I was selling, and she was very excited. She asked if she could come see them right away, put a deposit down (she was cool with the $30) and let them stay with their mom until 7 weeks old. She came tonight. Her boyfriend was with her. He fell in love with Dalmation Dude, and she fell in love with Tan Boy. I was half afraid and half hoping that they'd want to take both of them. She gave me a deposit and then while she was cuddling Tan Boy and telling her boyfriend she was going to name him Turbo (which he objected to) she mentioned that the last kitten she had she'd gotten really early, like 2-3 weeks old and had to bottle feed it and teach how to use the litter box. I had already told her that Tan Boy had JUST started eating real food yesterday, but still had no clue about the litter box. She said she would be willing to teach him if she could take him today. At first I said no, but then changed my mind. He's alllmost old enough, and he was the same age as Tilly when we got her. I know, I know, different species.. she gave me the rest of the money and left very happily. The best part is that when I'd called her yesterday I was at work, and she saw Canadian Blood Services on her call display. I was kind of joking but I asked her if she wanted to donate blood because we are in need especially around the long weekend, and she agreed! I booked her! Everyone at work was laughing that I was getting bookings out of the Bargain Hunter. I think Tan Boy will have a good home with her. She is a very nice lady and really loved him instantly. (of course, who wouldn't? they're KITTENS!) And don't worry, I asked her permission to post her picture on my blog. The guy isn't that short, he's crouching for good photographic .. uh.. styling.



1 comment:

MC said...

Aww! YAY! They will make an adorable little family! :D And yes, that's pretty hilarious about getting her to donate blood too! :P LOL