Friday, April 17, 2009

Story now, pictures later

Happy Belated Easter!

Last weekend the Szabbies came to town for the entire weekend. We were thrilled! We had dinner at our house friday night and I'd slow cooked a couple of chickens. Saturday morning my dad treated us ALL to Science North where they had special Eastery displays including live bunnies, chicks, snails, and a (hideous) walking Easter Bunny costume. After the science center, we parted ways for kid naps, and reconvened for dinner at my dad's. Sunday morning I woke up with a sore back, but wasn't bothered too badly by it. We gave our kids their Easter presents at home, then went to my dad's to give all five kiddies a little bag with a few toys/treats inside and I hid a bunch of easter eggs in his back yard. The weather was beautiful and on the warm side of chilly. Sunny skies and not very much wind meant the kids were fine with lighter coats and rubber boots. I was fine in just my t-shirt if I sat in the sun, which I did. B.J. even got slightly sunburnt! We wanted to stay outside some more, so when my dad brought one little plastic ball out and lamented it was all he had, I remembered that the Xmas present for the boys from the Szabbies was still in the car: two bags full of balls, so we got one and threw them in the yard (and at each other a little bit) and Carol made up games for the kids to play. She is a genious when it comes to inventing games/stories on the spot. She got those kids to run allll over the place and REALLY wear off their candy breakfasts. We had a very simple turkey supper and pie for dessert. After dinner, my dad put on Pinnoccio on his huge TV and we watched the restored and enhanced cartoon. Most of the kids watched for most of the time even! We had popcorn and it was a really awesome family togetherness experience. Monday around lunchtime the Szabbies came over to eat at our house on their way home. We had a few more hours of familiness until they left for true. Jake went to pick up Sabrina and Robbie for a visit, but it was cut short because I was so miserable. Unfortunately for me, Monday morning I'd woken up and my sore lower back had turned into immobilizing pain. It still is aweful. I couldn't get in to see my own doctor, so I went to a clinic on Wednesday morning and that took a lot out of me.. those hard waiting room chairs and complete lack of waiting room beds to take the pressure off my spine. He gave me some good painkillers and a powerful muscle relaxer and ordered I follow up with my family doc as early as possible. I've been off work all week, but I'm hopeful that by Monday when I go in, I'll be able to make it all day.

1 comment:

MC said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back! Feel better soon! Sounds like you had an AMAZING Easter weekend though! Family time is the BEST! Can't wait to see pics! :D xo