Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Barbeque of the Season!

Saturday we traded in last year's empty propane tank for a full one, and I'd gotten a couple of choice pieces of meat from the butcher counter (steak for Jake and 2 large butterflied porkchops for me and the boys), we made veggie packets and everything was cooked to absolute perfection. AND the KIDS ATE EVERYTHING. Hayden didn't try the steak, but Sage did. They both loved the pork chops. And ate cooked carrots. And Sage discovered that he likes sour cream. By the forkfull. Which I gave him a few big dollops of because hey, it's almost yogurt, isn't it? Only better for him cuz it's higher fat? Anyway I was so happy that they weren't picky. Their chicken nuggets/preformed hamburgers/hot dogs/pizza-only-diet is expanding! *wipes a tear* I'm so excited.
Our Yummy First Barbeque

For christmas last year Carol gave me a humane bug-get-ridder-ofer. Since the bugs are now awake again, I used it for the first time to get rid of a spider in the bathroom (instead of my usual spraying-it-with-hairspray technique).

Proving I used it. Step 1: Catch

Step 2: Carry outdoors (and try not to drop it from heebie-jeebie shakes)


Step 3: Let free outdoors (then run back inside so it doesn't follow you)

1 comment:

Carol said...

I'm so proud!(sniff)