Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'll be sad when school is over, but not why you think.

It's really funny to try and figure out what's happened each day at school from the weird little stories Hayden tells. Yesterday when I asked him what he did at school he said that he and his class walked up the big stairs on top of the thing, and sang the song, and Madame Monique said good job, and then all the moms and dads were there.

What was the big thing? I asked.

A rocket ship. Yah a rocket ship with stairs on it. And we walked up the stairs.

Oh neat! Was that in the gym?

Yep.

What song did you sing?

"Nous allons au l'Ecole Westmount"

Oh cool! Can you sing it for me?

No.

Oh. What moms and dads were there? Lots of moms and dads?

No. yeah.

Lots of moms and dads?

yeah.

oh. I didn't know there was a thing for moms and dads today.

Yah there were some moms and dads there today to watch us sing on the rocket ship.

And Madame Monique said you were good?

Yeah she said good job so I got a sticker can I have a sticker? I did a very good job.

And I cried inside because I missed the thing in the gym where all the jk's sang on the rocket ship. wahhh.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Aw, I'm sad you missed the thing with the rocket ship.

We went to Anya's end of year thing. Her class did a little skit where the teacher held up a letter and all the kids said the name of it in french. That was the idea, anyway, except they were all saying different letters, and some were saying it in french, and some in english, it came out as mostly wharrgarbl and no one in the audience had any idea of the word they were spelling until the end when they actually said it. Cute though. Then we ate pizza in a really hot classroom, and discovered that in sitting down to eat we had missed the cake *and* the class picture. Oh well. There's always next year.