Sunday, August 09, 2009

Teri-Mai and Craig's Wedding

Saturday August 8th, 2009 was the day our friends Teri-Mai Laforet and Craig Armstrong got married. The ceremony was beautiful. Their personally written vows were fantastic (and at points humorous!). When asked if anyone knew of a reason they should not be married, Teri-Mai looked at the audience with a fierce "don't you dare" glare, everyone broke out laughing. It was immensly touching and I cried a lot; as she walked down the aisle and at many points during the ceremony. Unfortunately my camera batteries pooped out after I took a picture of the little kiddlets, so instead of digital memory, I promised myself to use my biological memory and experience everything to the fullest extent that I could.

I did get a couple of pictures in, one was of the videographer and his uni-pod. If a tri-pod has three legs, what do you call a stand with only one leg?

My friend Katie coming down the aisle. Flash didn't work, this was the second last picture. Maid of Honour Sam in the doorway behind Katie.

And then these cutie patooties!! Neice of Teri-Mai and Nephew of Craig.

That was it for the ceremony. You'll have to visit my mind for more. Or maybe I can get a few shots from someone else who had fully charged batteries.
After we hugged and kissed our way through the receiving line, Jake and I went to the store and got some energizers. Then we went to the reception. We were the first ones at our table and I was a little bored so took some time-wasting photos.

beautiful ... floating candles over submerged orange and light orange cala lillies.
Jake loves either to look into the distance when getting photographed...
..or directly, piercingly, axe-murderishly into the camera. We both look like creeps in this photo. Creeps in love tho :)
We had a table in the back, so when Mr and Mrs Armstrong were announced and made their grand entrance, this is what we saw:
Before dinner was served, the newlyweds wanted to dance their first dance. The song was Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" (from Titanic). I thought "well that's a little traditional.. but I guess they went the traditional way."
Then there was a needle-pulled-off-the-record sound. They're saying "what the heck?"
And THEN hip-hop music started and they busted an extremely well-rehersed and coreographed set of moves, and we all went WILD.

I had to take a "tinking glasses" kiss shot.

The Head Table.

Derek and Jim behind them there had played some of the music in the ceremony. Derek is at CBS (as are Teri-Mai and Craig and half the wedding party and lots of the guests) and Jim used to be at CBS too.
Teri-Mai is making a funny face so I included it here. Mostly I wanted to show off her dress. I wish I got one of her standing alone. Oh well.

I did get one with her and me.
And of course one with Craig too.
The man who made our attendance possible:
And some shots of us in our nice clothes, behaving like fully mature adults, of course.
punch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun! I love wedding dances that are... unusual. :) Have you ever seen the one where the whole wedding party does the Thriller dance?

Or this one... I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Love
C.

Anonymous said...

Ahem.

Drew Watts said...

Weddings are beautiful and I really think I should become a wedding planner. It is going to be awesome. My sister has given me my first project i.e. her own wedding and I am very excited about it. I have also started shortlisting LA event venues for that and I got some really good ideas from this post.