Sunday, October 04, 2009

Trip Axed

Sadly, the family trip we were planning to take down to Johnstown PA has been cancelled. There was an issue with their police dog being too un-certain in the presence of new people and the chance of us getting bitten was too great to risk it.

So instead of taking the trip, our laptop decided to die and we spent the money on a new computer instead. And it's nice. 22" monitor! A teragig of memory! Intel GMA 3100 integrated graphics! (actually the game I play is not awesome on it.. I have to play on "fewest details possible" setting. boo.) But there's soo much ROOM! And a free upgrade to Windows 7 if we want it. AND it ALSO came with a free set of shiv-connives!

All the exclamation points in the world can't truly cover up how sad I am we aren't going down to visit Jake's family. We haven't been for 18 months and now we're not sure when the next time will be. Maybe not until it's been 2 years.... wah!

I'm still taking my holidays, as is Jake. Sage will too. I think I'll keep sending Hayden to school though. I'm going to try my hand at making a patchwork quilt! My aunt Elizabeth is going to help me. She's got 7 of them on the go right now, and 3 or 4 finished beauties. They're sooo nice! Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

When you learn how to quilt, maybe you can teach me. I have a whole bunch of jeans I want to turn into a patchwork blanket.

Love
C.

Anonymous said...

I want to learn too, but I am sort of hopeless on the sewing machine. I'll master that first, then joing a quilting group (yes, there is one up here!)