Saturday, July 10, 2010

Maybe it was worth it. Maybe.

I had a very big "WOW" moment today. But first the bad news. Today when I was at my daily nursing appointment to cleanse my two remaining wounds and rebandage them, she told me that the one was still infected and actually deeper than it had been two weeks ago. Also the infection has spread to my other wound which has also gotten deeper. She didn't tell me how deep they were, but they had both been 4.5 cms about 2 weeks ago. This news made me depressed, but the nurse assured me that daily cleansing would get rid of the infections and THEN we would be able to see the healing begin. Still that wasn't very nice news.

So what did I do? I went shopping with a girlfriend! We stopped in at Pennington's and were overjoyed to see the 70% off sale sign in the window! I really wanted to see what size I am. I was a 5X if I stretched it, buying 6X when I could find 'em. It felt really wrong to take the 4X's off the racks, which was my guess. Then I saw a beautiful dress that was super duper on sale, and I thought immediately of my cousin's wedding coming up in October, and I was encouraged to try on the largest size they still had, just to see, so I put on the 3X and

IT FREAKIN FIT!!!!

I bought the 2X for the wedding, and the saleswoman showed me where and how I should take it in if it's too big by then. Very easily, I might add. AND it was only $24!!


The other 4X shirts were roomy, which I couldn't believe. My brain is still a 5-6X but my bod is a 3-4X! I wonder how long till I convince my brain of that?

No comments: