Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Last Few Hours of Easter Weekend!

I trust the Bunny found you all well?

Today was such great weather, we invited some friends over whose stuff we were storing (read: rotting) in our back yard, and we took several loads over to the dump. For $4 we got rid of A LOT of stuff, hers and ours. I also sold some of the kids' outgrown outside toys, so our yard is feeling a wee bit empty now. But that's okay, the kids have room to run! 

After supper we went to Fielding Memorial park and fed some birds and played on the playground and went for a walk. I will now attempt to post pictures, and NOT get so mad I stop blogging for 3 months.


Yup I'm mad, but not mad enough to stop blogging.

So here we are! On the playground! Me! Sliding down a slide! It was wonderful to play WITH my kids, instead of just watching from the sidelines like I have their whole lives. They thought it was hillarious. I must have gone down the slide 7-8 times with them.


 I held them up to the monkey bars and they got a feel what it was like to go from bar to bar. Pretty easy when Mommy's holding all your weight LOL. Don't worry, this didn't hurt my hernia.


 Swinging was so. much. fun. I got that swinging stomach lurch feeling as I swung, but it didn't nauseate enough to stop LOL The kids laughed so hard at pushing me on the swing I thought their heads were going to pop off.


I haven't sat on a swing since I think grade 9. My butt was too big even then. It hurt. Today didn't hurt at all! I don't know if they make swings bigger now or what, or if my deflating bum just fits .. but either way WHEEEE!

Just after we took this next photo (there was a similar one taken last summer by my dad when we came to this same park in July or maybe August) I had a very interesting/odd geographical realization. We went to the little landing that we've been to a couple times in the past, which has a picnic table and a little water fall and the ducks and other birds gather for the bread crumbs. It had always in my mind been a Walk from the car. Not too far, but far enough. Just after Jake took this picture, we were all walking down the lane towards the landing, and I broke out into a jog with the kids. For about 10 seconds. And then we were there. Are we here? I asked. It seemed much shorter. Too short to be the same place. Nope. Yup. We were there. Major realization. As a slow moving invalid of COURSE it would seem much longer of a walk. I'm almost embarrassed at how short of a walk it really is. But I know no-one was judging me before, and most probably he (my dad and/or Jake) CHOSE that spot BECAUSE it was so close and wouldn't wear the invalid-me out to get to it. But it was a jolt to my brain's map of the world to suddenly cinch up the distance along that path.

And here, because we can, are two very funny poses by two very funny children:

I think Sage looks like a model here. He's got 3-D glasses with the lenses removed, and that far away look like all great models have.
Hayden.. well. He's a ham. LOL

I found the picture. From July 2010. crazy.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great post! You look and sound so happy -- I love it.

xoxo

hapi said...

Hi Hussicots, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Carol said...

Wow, you know you've made it as a blog when the spam bots come creeping in...

New post soon?

Love
C