Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Kitty!

Well without further ado, let me introduce to you our new cat, formerly named Mya, now named Kitty. I did that because Hayden can say Kitty. It sounds like "Tiggy". I hope Mindi's cat Kitty doesn't mind the namesaking...


As soon as I picked her up, she started nibbling on my fingers, and a few minutes later batted at my glasses and scratched my face with love. I'm sure it was with love. Then I picked up Sabrina and we headed to her store to get Kitty outfitted with stuff. Not too bad, love that discount! Spent $9 less than I'd budgeted. On the way home, Kitty fell asleep in the cat cage that I'd borrowed from my parents. So cute! And able to relax in new situations too! Good sign. When we got home, Jake put Lacey outside and I finished mopping the back room and then Jake put out the litter box and food/water dish. Right away Kitty pooped in her litter box. What a good kitty! After I fed Sage, I put Kitty back in her litter box and let her explore from there. I wanted her to know where the starting point was, so she could map out the house in relation to her box. We set up the baby gates in such a way that Lacey would be unable to access the box (she eats cat poop) and catfood, but also so that Kitty would be able to get to her area of the house. So far, 4 hours later, it's working out pretty well! When Lacey came inside and was introduced to Kitty, she was excited, understandably. However, they only spent a little while being at odds with each other. Kitty slapped Lacey a couple times across the nose, and now Lacey pretty much respects her. Good job Kitty! And just now while I was on the phone with my mother, Kitty rubbed up against Lacey's nose! So cute! All in all, this period of adjustment is going way better than I anticipated, and completely clinches my feeling that this cat belongs with my family.

I couldn't have asked for a better cat. Oh wait. I did ask for her.

For some reason, this is the only photo that I could upload tonight. I will get you more tomorrow.

No comments: