Friday, October 27, 2006

Aaaaaand we're back

So to quickly finish up the story of our trip, Tuesday night we went to Vaughan Mills Mall and met Carol's friend Tina there. We only shopped at Children's Place, and I got two orange t-shirts for Hayden and Sage which were only $2.50 each, and some camouflage splash pants for Hayden that make him look like a cool skater boy. I looked for some pants that were in Sage's size, but they didn't have any that small. I only spent $15 in that store! I couldn't believe I got out without dropping more, but maybe it had to do with the fact we only had 30 minutes to shop before the store closed. We went back to Tina's house (she squashed herself between the two car seats in Carol's tiny Echo) and had some hot chocolate. I added a mint teabag to mine - Thanks Katie for that idea last winter! Then Wednesday we got ready and met Carol's other friend Gail downtown at the mexican restaurant that Carol's been craving for 4 years. It was neat to eat authentic mexican stuff rather than Taco Bell knockoff food. We left downtown Toronto at 2pm and got to Barrie at about 3:30pm. We shopped at Toys R Us and with some gift money I'd gotten from Vanessa and Sarah, I bought Sage a blue Bumbo chair, a green plush flower, and some rings to dangle things above him. I fed Sage in the family room, and we changed both kids twice due to poop blow outs, then we stopped for some food for ourselves, fed Sage again, and were off like a herd of turtles by 6:30pm. Yes, that was a three-hour lay over in Barrie. I drove from Huntsville after an hour's break to feed Anya and go pee ourselves and we ended up getting back to Carol's house by 10pm or so. Quite the ordeal travelling with two babies. Carol's and my last nerves were in need of a good long rest. I slept on their couch with Sage in the pod again, and unfortunately he did not sleep through the night again. He had done so again the second night in toronto. He woke three times. Drat. Then yesterday morning I went with Carol to Anya's gymnastics class, and it was so cute to see all the little kids doing their thing. I was in the observation deck, and got some mediocre pictures, but I'll post them anyway even tho they're blurry because they're through glass and far away. I called Jake and begged him to come pick me up because I was very tired of feeling encumbered with luggage and couldn't face the bus ride home. He obliged me to my everlasting gratitude. Carol left about 1:30pm to go pick up BJ to go to their first ultrasound and I put Anya down for a nap. Jake arrived at about 3:30pm, but we didn't stay long after Carol and BJ came home around an hour later. We got home around 7:30pm and MAN it's good to be back. I'd missed Hayden especially.

Pictures will be up soon.

No comments: