Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas #3

It was a quiet day. Of course, all of us except Jake are sick and have low energy. We all slept in the big bed last night (except Sage who slept in his pod) because Hayden had thrown up on his sheets during a nap yesterday afternoon and all his bedclothes were still in the laundry. I woke up this morning with no voice around 9:30am. Hayden woke up next and I gave him some medicine because he was crying and miserable. Then Jake woke up and let the dog out, and we helped Hayden open up his presents. There weren't very many because we'd given most of them to him last Saturday at my mom's house. Just a few trinkets and toys so Christmas Morning proper would have some gifts in it. Sage surprised us all by actually drinking a 6 ounce bottle. He normally takes 30-36 ounces a day, but for the past day and a half he's only been able to manage an ounce or two at a time, and not very many times a day. He doesn't have a runny nose, but does have quite the bark of a cough. Anyway back to the Christmas story. We leisurly got ready to go over to my parent's house for a waffle lunch and a couple more presents for Hayden and me. We didn't stay too long because Hayden was in dire need of a nap and was not feeling well at all, but we did have a yummy bacon and waffle lunch! We were home around 2 and after putting the boys to nap, I decided to take down the Christmas tree. It's been up since November 8th, and I am (was) tired of looking at it! It felt good to get it down and now we have some better ideas for next year: A) Don't put it up 6 weeks early B) Get more decorations so it doesn't look so empty C) No presents before Christmas Day. It was highly anti-climactic to have so few presents to open this morning. Only one other time do I remember having the tree down before New Year's. It was at my parent's house here in Sudbury, and I believe it was boxing day that we got tired of looking at it and took it down.

Anyway no photos taken today. I'm just glad all three Christmasses are done.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up with your blog postings over the last couple of days and I'm sorry to hear about your sickie family. Rachel picked up a cold on our first day here in T.O. and so did I. She's had a snotty nose for most of our trip and I just noticed that today it seems to have stopped running. We are heading back home soon, and I am looking forward to having a rest. Vacationing with family is tiring! On another note, Rachel is not only sitting up on her own, but has started rolling all over the place. No more naps in mommy and daddy's bed I guess! Sage is growing so fast, he looks gorgeous, and a big Happy Birthday to Hayden.
Love Vanessa