Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boxing Day

Well today Hayden was a lot better health-wise than he has been in a long time. He didn't need any medication all day long! No fevers, no misery; he was back to the playful chatter box that he normally is. My voice, although still quite raspy, was at least audible today, although for long conversations or loudness it gave out quickly. I've also gone from the occasional clearing of the throat to a full-on itchy cough, but that's ok cuz my chest feels looser, and I consider myself to be on the upswing of this flu. Sage is pretty much still the same. He never had all the fevers that Hayden got, and his cough is still a bad bark, but he coughs less frequent now. Jake is still well, the bastard. No just kidding Jake, you know I love you, you healthy you, you. His theory is that all the salt he eats and the chemicals from smoking are keeping him pickled enough not to get sick.

I had planned to make a turkey breast last night, and have cranberry sauce and biscuits and mashed potatos and glazed carrots and pumpkin pie in honour of Christmas day, but feeling so tired and icky I didn't end up making all that. We had ham sandwiches instead. I cooked the turkey tonight, but still didn't feel like going to all the trouble of all the other stuff. I made turkey soup the other day with the leftover leg we had from Christmas #2's dinner, and it was really good, so I will make another, LARGER soup with the remains of this breast.

I think my blog has just hit a new low in boring topics.

Wanna see my paperclip collection?

No comments: