Sunday, January 21, 2007

Topics Of Late

Jake is really enjoying his work. He is becoming quite the cook at home! The other night he made a really yummy roasted chicken breast dinner, with side dishes for me including multi-grain spaghettini with ranch sauce and broccoli, and buttered brussels sprouts. It was so healthy and yummy! He also plated it elegantly and brought it to me. What service.

We had our car seats inspected at the fire hall in the Valley the other day, and while they were in the car making sure they were both installed correctly, a fireman asked Hayden if he wanted to go look at the fire truck! I thought that was really nice of him. We walked over and the fireman lifted him up high into the driver's seat, clicked a button and the lights all came on. Hayden tried to steer of course, and then he hit the horn. The loud, fire truck horn. Unfortunately at that point the fireman's supervisor came over and gave him a look, after which the fireman said "that's probably enough for now" and quickly got Hayden out of the driver's seat. I thought it was TOO funny.

Yesterday we bought a $40 area rug from Wal Mart. It's very nice! It's a medium shag, beige, and 6X9. I like it a lot. It makes the room seem cozier. I don't really like the industrial grey carpet that we seem to have had forever. We had teal industrial carpeting in the basement at my parent's house, light grey industrial carpeting at the apartment in Coniston, and now have dark grey industrial carpeting here. "Cover it up!" I say. So we did.

No comments: