Friday, January 19, 2007

Ew and Yay!

Ew
I used the new vacuum today for the first time, and the bagless canister has this line near the top marked "full". I did the living room, hallway, and both bedrooms and the dirt was up to the line! I couldn't believe it. Like I said, our old vacuum didn't work right any more. We still used it, but the beater bar didn't spin. No wonder our socks got so dirty off our floor! Ahhh, new vacuum, I love you so....

Yay
I gave Sage some rice cereal for the first time today. He took 2 bottles within an hour and a half last night at 4am, and cried the whole time in between, so I figured it is probably time to start introducing solids to the hungry little champ. He took it very well! He swallowed properly, indicating he is ready for solids. The literature I was reading advised they may not be ready if they still have the extrusion reflex (automatically poking out his tongue when something is put in his mouth). I only gave him half a tablespoon, and I was able to squeeze out almost enough breastmilk to mix with it. I had to use some water tho. I'd stopped breastfeeding daily while we were all sick over Christmas, because I didn't want his little hand to rub my chest and get Vicks vapo rub on it... just in case he then stuck it in his mouth. My little guy is growing up.. sniffle.. pretty soon he'll be starting college and moving away... WAHHH!!

Even more heart-wrenching is that I've been cleaning out the boys' clothes, dividing them into white or neutral colours for Carol's girls, and blues or very boyish styles for Sabrina's boy. I'm trying not to have weeping moments or anxiety about getting rid of all the baby stuff. I keep repeating to myself that if/when we ever have another kid to try for a girl, I can get it all back. I can get it back. It's not like I'm throwing it away. It needs, nay, WANTS to be used by my friend and my sister. Spread the love. Yes. Spread the love.

No comments: