Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Long Time No Post

No apologies for not posting for a while. I just didn't have anything interesting to say.

But NOW I do! Do I ever!! I can hardly contain myself!!!

We Got A COSTCO card!!!!!! Anyone wanna go shopping?

Here's how it happened. Jake got a $30 Costco gift card from work for Christmas. Tonight we decided to go spend it, because we needed a new vacuum cleaner and it suddenly occured to me that Costco would probably have one. Why not buy it there and save $30? I'm so smart. Before they let us in I had to get a temporary pass, and while she was filling out the paperwork, she sprinkled Costco Fairy Dust on my head and weaved a magical spell and convinced me that buying milk and bread once a week for a year at Costco (costco, -ostco, -ostco....) would pay for the price of the membership. Plus the dispensing fee at the Costco (costco, -ostco, -ostco....) pharmacy is only $4 and change, so that's also a good saving. While we walked around the entire store (costco, -ostco, -ostco....) we hemmed and hawed, and finally decided that the deals we saw on meat and other groceries would make it very worth our while. Not to mention the deals on books, clothes, electronics, and diapers. Oh my god the diapers! Currently we spend 36 cents each for Hayden's diapers, but if we start buying them at Costco (costco, -ostco, -ostco....) we'd only have to spend 25 cents each. For Huggies! The king of diapers! Plus maybe one day we'll need 85 glue sticks. Now we know where to get them cheap! At Costco! (costco, -ostco, -ostco....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And now you can buy 300 lb bags of dog food at a time! Awesome!

:)
Love
C.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I'm so jealous. I've been saying since I moved to Kingston that I was going to get a Costco membership. But I can never justify spending the money on that and always say, "Oh, I'll get it after I get paid next month." Well, I'm SICK of that. So in FEB, I really AM going to get my card! LOL But, I do have enough ppl here to shop with that if I don't, I'll survive.
PS HUGE jars of Bick's dill pickles for $3!! Eh? EH?? Mmmmm....