Friday, February 16, 2007

Comings and Goings

Well first off, apparently 'tis the season to change one's blog's appearance. "Everyone else is doing it, so why can't we?" as the Cranberries would say.

Jake and I had a really awesome Valentine's day. I totally fooled him with my gift. He said he wanted a Wii points card, and I did manage to get the last one from Wal Mart's shelf, however since he'd ASKED for it, I wanted him to think he wasn't getting it so he would be surprised. I bought a cheap-o Jackie Chan movie that I never heard of and carefully opened the cellophane and then put the card inside the DVD case. Then I repackaged the movie into the plastic wrapper, taped it up, and wrapped it. He didn't notice the excellent surgical procedure on the cellophane, and was nicely disappointed when he opened it up. I urged him to open the movie all the way so we could watch it. He said he didn't want to cuz then he couldn't return it. I urged him some more and then when he got it open, WHOA was he surprised. HA! Gotcha. I've been trying to surprise him forever, ever since I went down to visit him on his birthday one year without telling him I was coming. He SAYS he clued in to my visit because his mom left a key to the house in their mailbox (so I could let myself in) but the jury is still out. Anyway, he was tricked this time, by golly. He'd gotten me an aerobic workout step, since that's what I'm into these days and I didn't have one. He couldn't surprise me tho. He told me my present was in the trunk of the car, so not to look in there, which I didn't, but after I came back from shopping for HIS present, I told him I looked in the trunk and saw my step. He said "Aww! You peeked!" and I said "Ah HA! I DIDN'T peek! I just guessed! But thanks for the confirmation." I not ONLY surprised him for his present, I guessed my own! I am the champion! What game I'm playing I'm not too sure, but I'm definitly winning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! You ARE winning. LOL That was a really funny post to read. Glad you're back up to your old blogging self. Your fans really were waning you know! ;o)
PS Love the new look!
M.