Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Melanie Rawn

Yesterday I got an email from someone I didn't quite remember. In the "sent by" column it said Melanie Rawn, which sounded familiar but I couldn't place her. Then confusingly enough, the body of the email said "We at Melanie Rawn want to wish you a very happy birthday!" It was sent at 3am, and gave me a "junk mail" kinda feeling, but how did they know it was my birthday? "We at Melanie Rawn"? I thought it was a person, but sounded more like a company. I googled 'Melanie Rawn' and was excited to find out that she's the author of a really good (yet incomplete as of yet) series that I started reading when we lived around the corner from the library in Coniston. She's also written 2 other serieseses, a bunch of independant novels, and some short stories. I've read the first two of the Exiles series (where some people have the ability to do magic) but was thoroughly frustrated when I discovered that the third wasn't even written yet. How rude. ESPECIALLY when the second book ends in a very enthralling cliff hanger. I'm going to get her Dragon Star and Dragon Prince serieseses from the library. Those are complete. The website said so. I hope they're good. In case YOU are interested:

http://www.melanierawn.com/books.php

And they knew it was my birthday because I'd signed up for her fan club.

No comments: