Monday, March 05, 2007

Wish Me Luck

I have a job interview today at Pennington's Fashion Warehouse! I just want a part-time gig, maybe two or possibly three days a week at most. I went in there to shop on Friday and before I checked out, the clerk who had been helping me was asked by her co-worker which colour top looked better on her. She asked me as well. One was purple and brought up the pink tones in her lips and cheeks, and the other was a nice orange that went well with her skin tones, so I said so. Then a minute later while the clerk was ringing me in, I asked her about the part-time help wanted sign, if they were really hiring or if it was for show. I mentionned that after Christmas in their other store they'd had a similar sign up, however when I inquired, they told me flat out they weren't hiring. She said her name was Kym (I got the spelling of it later) and that she was the assistant manager in charge of hiring, and that they always have the sign up, just in case. She said she would be happy to take my resume and a filled-out application form, which she then started to look for. While doing that she asked if I had any retail experience, and I said I did a long time ago, and talked about the two jobs I'd had in kitchenware stores in Toronto. She asked me if I had customer service skills, at which point I mentionned my job at CBS being supervisor to customer service reps, and that they'd sent us to a course on customer service, and how it's integral even between employees, while you're out on the street, and not just something to be reserved for customer/business person relationships. I impressed her because she said "Well I think I'll bring you in for an interview on Monday! Just bring in your resume and application with you." Taa Daa! I love when stuff like that happens. So the interview is today at 1pm. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! My last message didn't go through. I wished you good luck. And made some witty comment.