Thursday, May 17, 2007

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Impatient Gardener.

Impatient Gardener wh--

MOO!

Ok that punchline was for a different joke.. but the point is I was an impatient gardener today and planted my peas! I also left my spinach and one remaining tomato plant outside, even tho I didn't plant them yet. On a side note, Hayden escaped out the hole in the fence while I was bent over putting the peas in the ground, and a nice workman brought him back home. Can't wait till that fence is completed!

The Last Tomato (Kitty ate all the other ones)

Scraggly Spinach. I don't expect to have a lot of success with these limpy wimpy plants.
The PEAS! next to their little trellis.. ready and already wrapping their little tendrils around whatever they can reach. I hung twine and tied the ends to this trellis so they can go up and hup and hup.
The Incomplete Fence
Our rather full yard. Soon to have a pool centred where that garden claw is stuck in the ground.
This was taken after-hours, but that's the view the fence is hiding, and where the worker was who brought Hayden home.
Mini Bulldozers. Big ones are parked elsewheres.
Our yard from the hole in the fence's perspective.
My favorite summery thing: a huge beach umbrella I won last summer from work.
Our yard from just in front of the front door.
A smiley guy who lives with me.
Incidentally Hayden knows a joke. It goes like this:

Hayden: Knock Knock
me: Who's there?
Hayden: who's there?
me: Hayden
Hayden: ....
me: Hayden who?
Hayden: Hayden who?
me: Hayden Huxley Huss! That's who!
Hayden: Haydee uuhhhs! thassooo!
both: YAYYY!
We do that routine about 25 times a day.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST! A Very Happy Nine-Month Birthday to our dear little Sagey-kins! He's now been alive just as long outside as he was inside. He can eat whole cheerios without gagging, drinks from a sippy cup, he has 7 teeth with the 8th on the way, and he can pull himself into a standing position if he holds our hands. He still doesn't crawl yet, but he's doing that rocking thing while on hands and knees, and he also does this crazy arching thing where he goes up on his hands and TOES! Like a push-up. I'll try and get him doing it on camera tomorrow. Happy Nine Months Old Sage! We love you.

No comments: