Sunday, June 24, 2007

Happy Half Birthday Hayden!

Today is June 24th, and Hayden's half-birthday. Due to the holiday hubub around his true birthday, Jake and I decided to celebrate his half-ones too. We'll give him his presents at his true birthday, but if we have a day solely focussed on him every year on June 24th, he might not get that "not so special as Christmas" feeling I've heard people with Christmas-time birthdays can get. So this year to celebrate, Jake and I are going out to dinner and a movie without the kids. LOL Actually that was just a coincidence. Jake secretly arranged with Fionna (cousin extraordinaire) to come babysit while we go out and view Evan Almighty. But before you protest too much, Hayden LOVES Fionna, and there's a chance that her sister Alicia might be coming as well, and Hayden loves her just as much. They're just so good with kids! This is actually a great treat for him. Also, my friend Cindy from college is coming by this afternoon, and I heard she's got gifts for the kids cuz we haven't seen each other in 3 years. SO THERE YA GO HAYDEN. The only thing missing is cake, and I've got some really ripe bananas in the kitchen and I'm thinking about trying my hand at a banana cream pie. Everything's covered! I hope your days will be as full of love and happiness as mine.

oh and I dreamt last night that my mom hadn't really died. She was just doing some really serious relaxation techniques trying to recover. She could walk and everything. I even asked myself if I was dreaming, and pinched my arm. I asked her why I saw her in a box and why did they sign the death certificate, and WHY did she let it go on so long? We had had her funeral! She was explaining that the doctor who'd pronounced her dead was really old and had gotten it wrong. I was so happy that when I woke up and remembered that it wasn't real, of course I cried and cried. So that and a stiff and sore neck has put a damper on the morning, but I am determined not to let it affect my wonderful afternoon's plans!

No comments: