Thursday, June 21, 2007

Solstace anyone?

Today is the longest day of the year. It's 10:20pm as I write this, and there is still light in the sky. I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't turn out. You'll just have to trust me. I wonder what those Yellowknifers are doing to celebrate the solstace?

As promised, here are the pictures of our visit to the Nerpin's last week, including Jake in a Haystack.






Jake said "Don't throw me the camera, cuz I could drop it between the bales and it would be like trying to find a camera in a haystack." and also when Chris threw a bale of hay at him, Jake said "Careful! I have a family to think of! I could lose a shoe..." Both of which I thought were enormously funny.
And now, video footage of part of our day today:



This evening, Thursday, Hayden saw the opening to that pirate reality show and started reciting this poem he heard on Four Square on TUESDAY. I had no idea he'd learned it, he hadn't mentioned it or recited it before UNTIL he saw the pirate ship! I was amazed. After an hour of trying to remember, I recalled all the words to the poem and helped fill out the parts he was leaving out. Way to be smart Hayden!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Hussicots! Sorry I haven't been around in a while but I've been soooo flippin busy! I just did a quick run through of recent blogging that I'd missed, and it looks like things in the great white north are going well right now. You have some great family pics up there and the videos are so cute.
Miss you all and thinking of you.
M.