Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chai Tea


I have recently been introduced to Chai Tea *takes a sip*. It tastes like spice cake and a hug, all in one lucsious mug. *takes another sip*


My friend Katie wasn't feeling well and couldn't come over to play poker and she was telling me about how sick she was, and how our other mutual friend Teri Mai had brought her a Chai Tea to help make her feel better *takes two sips*. I thought it was cute she specified what kind of tea. Then a few days later, I went by Teri Mai's desk at work and she was pouring her tea into a spill-proof cup, and the aroma made me inquire. She informed me this was Chai Tea, and offered me a sip *takes three sips while thinking and re-reading*. I, of course, was hooked instantly. I swore never to buy another plain tea from Tim Horton's again. When making them at home, Teri Mai and Katie both make it with hot milk, no hot water at all. Then a little sugar, Katie adds whipped cream on top, and voila! A Splendid Drink. *sip*


I encourage everyone to try it. It's only $1.39 for a large at Tim Horton's. I was getting them Double Double, but have weaned myself down to One Cream, One Sugar. It is, *sip* in my opinion, *sip sip* the best. *glug*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, I didn't know Timmies made chai tea.

Twiggs makes a really good chai latte. Even better made with soy milk.

Little known fact: chai means "tea", so you are in fact drinking "tea" tea.

Another yummy drink: Euphoria has a hot pumpkin smoothie. Yum yum yum yum yum.... like a combination of hot chocolate and pumpkin pie.

Love Carol

Anonymous said...

I am also a huge fan of "tea" tea. Mmm chai tea. If you go to a fancier coffee place like Starbucks or Timothy's, they have the Chai Latte which is made with milk and it realllly does give it that extra special YUM flavour. But, since I don't make them at home, the Timmie's version is a great runner up! :)

Anonymous said...

Love how much you love your Chai Tea. Wanted to mention that my sister in law turned me on to Tim's Chai Tea but says its best with a sweetener and milk. I love it and must confess I've not tried it any other way. She says the one sweetener goes further for taste then a few sugar do.