Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Crappy Halloween!

It seems the Yukon is not the only place experiencing crappy Halloween circumstances this year. The weather called for rain this afternoon, with chance of it continuing into the evening. Chance. It was sunny in the early afternoon, greyish by 5pm, and by 6pm after Marlene and I had gotten the kids' costumes on and we were ready, it had started to drizzle. "Luckily both kids costumes have hoods" I thought to myself. Little did I know Sage would refuse to keep his tiger hood up, or his little tiger mittens on. "Oh well, it's raining a bit, but at least it's not freezing" I thought to myself. Little did I know the wind was whipping around so much it would feel a lot colder than it was. We tried it anyway. Marlene held Hayden's hand and I pushed Sage in the stroller, and we crossed the highway into suburbia. It was cold. Sage let me put his hood up, probably because it was cold. Hayden went up to his first house and Marlene went with him, and he said "trick or treat!" but I'd forgotten to give him his bag, which was in my pocket. At which point I noticed Sage's bag that I'd hooked around the steering wheel of the stroller had blown away when we crossed the road. Drat. It didn't matter though, because we only went to two more houses before I decided that was enough and we went back home. 30 minutes of trick or treating, 3 houses, not a lot of goodies. Just as well because I'm trying to eat healthier. The last house we went to gave a lot tho, a little plastic bag with a can of Pepsi, a full-sized Coffee Crisp, and a little bag of ruffles. I just ate the coffee crisp. Hayden and Sage ate all the rest of the candy. Which I think is pretty good. Now it won't hang around tempting me. Next year better be not raining or miserable!


Ready to strike out and get some candy!

Hayden's first house.. no bag. I had it.
Looks like snow, but it's rain on the lens. Hayden's second house and first honest to goodness trick or treating, WITH bag.



Dividing the spoils.
I would've taken more pictures of them with their costumes on, but they were wet from the rain, and I wanted to take them off right away so they wouldn't be hanging around in wet costumes. I'll see how they are tmr (not-grumpy-wise) and maybe take some more pictures of them in costume then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Marlene know there's so many pictures of her bum on your blog?

Hussicots said...

I don't think she does. But it's only three.. and it's not a bad bum...