Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Discoveries

I just discovered that my friend Mindi has a new blog, and her friend JennD also has a blog! I'm so excited to read into their thoughts and observations.

I found this and tested myself. I impressed me.

69 words

Touch Typing online



I never took typing classes, I first got quick when I spent a lot of time chatting on the internet way back when, and then the last 5 years as a computer jockey at work has helped too. Anyway, test yourself and tell me in a comment how good you are so we can compare scores!

6 comments:

Dara said...

I did it three times (is that cheating?) I got 74, 82 and 74. I guess grade 9 typing class really helped. Thanks Mr. Nerd guy who's name I forget.

Hussicots said...

No, taking it more than a few times isn't cheating, it says right in the website that doing it lots of times is really good practice. The first time I posted the results I got 67 and I just tried again (a few times) and broke my record! (which I posted)

and WHOA you're a little miss "fingers a-fire" eh? :)

MC said...

I got 72 on the first try but have to go to work now, and then off to get my travel vaccinations for ARGENTINA! I hear they're painful. Good thing I've already decided I'm not coming back to work today. :P

Hussicots said...

I just realized that if I stop backspacing over my mistakes I save time and go much faster. I got as high as 75!

Carol said...

I can type 252 wrong words a minute! Yes!! I win!!

Love
C.

Anonymous said...

87 words/min on my first try. But I type ALL day for work, sometimes write as many as 40 emails. I have to say my parents making me to take typing instead of art in grade 9 was probably the only thing I was grateful they forced me to do :)