Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pas De Fridge

Our fridge is gone.

Some guys showed up this morning asking for donations, so I gave them our fridge.

It's all good though because my dad said he'd give me his.

***********

the REAL story:

We had a yukky fridge. It leaned forward, and even tho we had put the feet up and put cardboard levelers under it, the shelves were still quite slanty forward. The freezer door hinges were starting to let go, so the door was on a slant, and we often had frost on the outside. There were other things too, like the crisper drawers didn't open and the cover for the fan in the freezer often fell off.. BLEH it was a mess. So when my dad told me a few months ago that he was thinking of getting a new fridge, I said "dibs on your old one!!" That magical day has happened, so I made an appointment with the Great Refridgerator Roundup people from the "Every Killowatt Counts" campaign, and they came and took my old fridge. They will dispose of it in an environmentally friendly way, and recycle the bits they can.

The only problem is that they came this morning at 9am and we're not getting my dad's fridge till 6pm or so. So all my food is outside in boxes. I just hope it doesn't all freeze..... maybe I should bring it all inside every once in a while...

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your food hardly ever gets to go outside. I'm sure it's enjoying itself immensely. Maybe you could drag it around the yard for a sleigh ride, or take it tobogganing. Help it build a snowman.
Maybe bring the milk in occasionally.

C.

Anonymous said...

LOL Oh Carol - so funny! Veggies on a toboggan! HA!
Hooooray for new fridges!

Anonymous said...

Nudge.