Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Yay for 2008!

Last night Jake and I stayed home and played poker online and also I watched Dreamgirls which was on the movie network. I was GOING to drink a bottle of blackberry wine, but I never got around to it. We wanted Hayden to stay up to midnight with us, so we gave him a few ounces of Coke, which we've never done before. I told him that it was a special night and he was being allowed pop this once, but that it wasn't going to be a daily thing. I don't know if he listened to me or not, cuz he kept sipping his Coke and smiling this huge smile and saying "I LOVE pop!" I think he drank too fast though because after about the 50th sip (I don't know, I wasn't counting) he started wiggling and rubbing his nose and saying "I don't like pop" cuz I guess the bubbles were building up. Anyway he was hyper for about 15 minutes, but I think it was more due to the contagious excitement we were exuding. [Jake at the computer playing poker, and me with my feet up in the lay-z-boy were the poster children of exciting times.] Anyway the coke didn't work to keep him up. He flaked out on the couch by 10:30.

At 11:35 we tuned in to Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest and Times Square, and grimaced and shuddered while we partied with a corpse and a Ken-doll. The worst part was when they let Dick Clark count us down to midnight, because the stroke he'd had a few years ago was still very evident in his speech. He slurred us into 2008.

Afterward, Jake tuned into wrestling and I went to bed. Yeehaw. Party Animals Extraordinaire!

I wish you all heath and prosperity for this new year.
love
Jennifer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too Hussicots! :)
Been a rough start over on this end, but can only get better from here, right?!
Miss ya!