Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Good Bye Eddie.. good bye... Hello Chair!

I finally got a new home for Eddie, the last kitten with the spots. I gave him away free because I wanted to stop Kitty from nursing so we could get her spayed. Unfortunately a screw up with our income taxes means we can't get her spayed until next month. CRAP. I hope that she doesn't go into heat and get repregnantized before then. (I really doubt she WON'T go into heat before then.) And considering that a few minutes ago I saw the orange tabby who was this batch of kittens' daddy peeking his face in our door (whom I shooed away WITHOUT the hose this time) I think that another pregnancy is probably not far away. I believe they can still spay her without too much complication as long as it's within the first three weeks of pregnancy. So all we gotta do is make sure she doesn't get pregnant within the next week and we'll be good.

So the tax screw up. I know I know, I mentioned the chair in the title. Suffice to say we got a new lay-z-boy from a lady I found on Kijiji. Back to the taxes. Taxes, you say? Weren't those due in April? Oh my! Yes they were! I DID do my taxes in April. I even (I thought) submitted them online! We weren't getting much of a refund, but I had originally thought we were going to have to pay, so a $19 refund instead of a $250 bill was WORTH the $33 it cost to do them online. Turns out that what I did was supposed to be printed and submitted to the government, OR attached as a .tax file to an email sent to the gov't address. This part of the instructions was not clear back in April when I did our taxes. Because the refund was so small, I figured it just got lost in the bank account when we had money. I never really went in and checked to see if/when we got it. But we also didn't get the blue assessment papers from the gov't. And then on GST day last Friday we didn't get any GST either. I called the tax data centre on Monday and they told me my taxes had not been submitted. I had checked online on Sunday to see if I could find the phone number for the Quicktax people and check on my return. I found out that you can only call them during tax season. Other times of the year you have to complain/question via email. The reply to my email questions was pretty much a form letter saying that I should've attached my .tax file to the whatever and done.. something.. but that I could still go to my online account and print my return and submit now. Great. Except that when I went to my online account, none of my information was there any more. Just a bunch of zeros and a button saying "start a new return". Which made me feel not so confident that my info was to be found. BUT THEY STILL CHARGED US!! So how can I fill out my taxes again without having to repay? WHY DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE A FRIGGIN PHONE NUMBER ?? I emailed again asking those questions, without the "friggin"s or caps, but have yet to receive an answer.

And that is why I can't get my nails done this Sunday.

What? Oh. I thought you were somebody else there for a minute. And now, a dance of frustration:

~~!~~!@@#$$#@@#$$#~~!~~!@@#$$#@@#$$#~~!~!

2 comments:

MC said...

Stupid taxes. Stupid money. Stupid non-done nails!

Great kitty home. Great chair. GREAT dance!! :D

Carol said...

Oh, no! That's awful. They absolutely should have your information, if they charged you.

I like your dance of frustration.

C.