Sunday, July 06, 2008

Yay it's summer!

I've been craving lakewater for some time now. Today I decided it wouldn't be hard to take the two boys to Moonlight Beach while Jake stayed home sick. At first I thought it wouldn't be hard to take the two boys and Tilly to the beach, but then I decided that might be too hard. And good thing, it was doable, but a dog too would've been too much for one set of eyes.

We walked around in the lake, which was VERY warm. The boys loved it. Next time I will bring my suit too and we will go real swimming in the lake. Sage had a hat too, but it kept blowing off and then it got soaked and he didn't want to wear it any more. I had good sunscreen lathered all over him, so I figured he was okay.

Hayden kept saying "I want to walk over THERE" pointing to the deeper water. Next time, buddy. I promise.
Sage fell face first into the water for a second or two but he didn't even cry! He sputtered a bit, but I wiped his face with my shirt and he was fine. Good boy!
They both loooooved the swings.
Hayden loved the playground. I unhooked the umbillical cord a notch or two and let him go off and play while I stayed with Sage on the swings. gulp. He's got a playground at daycare though, so I know he's experienced on them.
Here he's going down the short slide. I've put an arrow in so you can see how very far away from me he is. gulp.
Aww, nice and close to mommy. He is swinging but he looks like he's just dangling.
There he is, on the upswing.
He said "I want that" so I took him over to the playground. He went up and down this set of stairs about 10 times, blocking the older children and being in their way. Haha! Oh well.

Eventually he got the nerve to go down the slide a bunch of times. He only bonked his head once.

We all had a lot of fun! I had packed a picnic lunch but of course the kids weren't interested in eating. We ate our nectarines, yogurt and peanut butter sandwiches when we got home. They didn't even complain too hard when I said it was time to go! I enticed them with the promise of drinks when we got to the car. ooh I'm so tricky.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, good umbilical cutting. :)

Third picture down, Sage really looks like Daddy! (I mean, our Daddy, not Jake.)

I would have loved to go in the lake today, but Trout Lake is too cold still, and Nipissing is full of shad flies. Bleah.

Love
C

MC said...

Those are some great summer pics! The kids look like they had a blast. And look at you letting your little boys gain some independence and explore on his own. Yay Jennifer! :P *gold star*

Carol said...

OK, so where did my remark go? I said something along the lines of "good umbilical cord cutting" and how much Sage looks like Daddy. Our Daddy. :)

Love
C.

Hussicots said...

Sorry I missed your comment in my in box before, so I published it now.