Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last Day Of February

As you may have noticed, we are looking forward to March and the season change it brings. In theory. We usually still have snow through April, but we can hope. The daylight is already around MUCH later than it was, and that makes me so very happy. I planted daffodils last fall and I can't wait to see if they pop up and if they do, if they flower.

Speaking of flowers, after Christmas I bought an amarylis on sale for 97 cents and subsequently forgot all about it. I just found the box tonight and when I opened it, it had not only grown, it had FLOWERED. In the box. Without light. Without soil. Without water. Isn't that amazing?

Speaking of flowers some MORE, yesterday Jake dropped me off at work because he needed to go grocery shopping. He had the boys with him. To my surprise just before lunch they stopped by and Jake had a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me! I wasn't able to bring them to my desk because we have a no-scent policy and there's at least one woman who's very allergic to flowers especially. But woo hoo he certainly got tons of brownie points with me (and with my friends at work).

Happy March tomorrow!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Happy March! Nice daffodils.

Hussicots said...

two lips?

Carol said...

Um. I meant the ones in your garden. Yeah, that's it.

/Must have daffodils on the brain.

MC said...

Aww! That's so sweet of Jake and the boys to bring you flowers!!!

And that is AMAZING about the Amarylis!! Very cool!!! Did you pot it now?

I just re-potted Tulla, my yellow hibiscus, into two new pots and then stuck my new AQUA GLOBES in them!!!!!!! :D