Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March's Picture Catch-Up

You've all been so patient waiting and waiting for the pictures I've been promising. Here they is.

The new face of choice of my boise. I don't know where they picked it up. Probably daycare. These are the first couple of pictures from my new camera, which I got for my birthday to replace the spa weekend that was cancelled.


I should say the SPA was cancelled. The weekend was not. I went to North Bay and left all the boise at home, and Carol left her gurls with BJ and Chantelle (as seen below) was lucky enough to have all her three kids at her mother-in-law's house for the weekend. LOOK OUT! Three Mammas all kidless and looking for a good time! We didn't actually have to go far for a good time, Chan is Carol's neighbour and she'd prepared a FABULOUS and YUMMY meal, and we gave each other spa treatments.


We had yummy wine. Yes. I said yummy wine. I liked it. (I don't usually like wine at all) And very appropriately called Girls' Night out!

Yummy feta bruchetta appetizers.

Beautiful decor.

Home-made bread and buns with red pepper butter individually served in rosettes.

The Main: pork with three different kinds of mushrooms sauteed and served with roasted and herbed mini potatos and honeyed carrots.

Dessert was home-made tiramisu. FANTASTIC.

After supper we had pedicures and painted toenails and did facial treatments too.




Mindi! MY foot! Look! And funny toe separators.
Lookout. Aromatherapy hydrating masked madwoman.

Biore Nose Cool Masked Avenger!

Some of our later night drinks: 7up and grenadine and cointreau for Chan (in the middle) and strawberry daquiries for me and Carol.

Making our midnight cheese-dip snack.

Eating our late night cheese dip snack.

And then moving on to St Patrick's Day, I made cupcakes for my team. The one at the very top is a DX cupcake for Jake. Wrestling reference.

Hayden showing me he doesn't have a scraped cheek.
Sage's scraped cheek. He fell off the equipment at daycare and had a partial black eye and scabby cheek and nose for a while.

Last weekend was cousin Rachael's birthday party which Hayden and I went to. Hannah was there looking like a very grown up little girl. They had a good time together, and played in the 'tent' that was set up in Elizabeth's guest bedroom bunkbeds.

Playing "naptime".


Cutie Pie!
Carter! Rachael's dog.

We went to the library on Sunday afternoon and there was a little boy who came along, 4 years old, named SAGE who pointed out to Hayden that they had the same boots. They had a good time together.

Hayden shows off his new face again.


Little Sage wouldn't pose for any pictures, so he rolled around on the floor, pulling books off shelves.
Last week Sage pushed all his goldfish crackers into his sandwich.


And then decided he wanted to show me The Face. Her's The Face getting ready.

And there It is.

Camera? Pictures? The Face? I want to join in!

Before the March Break Thaw, I was walking back to the house from taking Hayden to the bus and noticed some birdy footprints in the snow. I thought I should capture it and write a blog about it. Not a whole blog, as it turns out, but this much anyway.





2 comments:

Vanessa and Shane said...

Oooo, Girl's Night. I miss those! We did lots when all of us lived in Toronto...we'll have to have a reunion Girl's Night one of these summers!

MC said...

That sounds like an excellent birthday!!

Aww! I love that foot! :D

Hannah DOES look very grown up since the last pics I've seen of her! So cute!!

Love the bird print shot!