Thursday, April 02, 2009

Chicken and Ribs

I bought a whole chicken the other day in order to slow cook it. I've been craving another slow cooked whole chicken ever since Tilly stole the other one I made a few weeks ago. I love my slow cooker! While fast cooking supper tonight, I realized the chicken was going to expire tomorrow. Eeek! So after I made dinner #1, I started dinner #2. I made another herb and spice rub with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and thyme. No sage or rosemary. Although I do have rosemary, and of course there's a little Sage around here always :) Hopefully this chicken will be done before I go to bed.

This morning I saw the doctor about my ribs. He said I shouldn't have left them on for so long, and that was why they scortched. Heh. Just kidding. He poked and pushed and asked me to breathe while he listened to my lungs, then pushed some more and kept saying "does it hurt here? how about here?" arg!! Yes! Right there where you're pushing!!! Does your shoulder hurt? Right there where my teeth marks are? Hm. Odd. He sent me down the hall for some xrays and said he would go down and take a look right away. Why do they make people in pain do the most painful thing they can think of and then take a picture of it? I bit the xray tech too. When I got back to the doctor's office, he took me into an exam room, left for two minutes, came back and said the xrays were not the best quality and he was not able to see if there was a break or not. He obviously took a lot of time and care looking at the xrays in those two minutes. He sent them to a radiologist to check out. But treatment is the same either way, he said. Tylenol or advil for pain, and he gave me a cough suppressant to help me sleep. Lying down is the worst position, and the past two nights have been brutal. Hopefully the cough suppressant knocks me out. Mamma said knock you out.

No comments: