Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy E-BOB Day!

Today is Exactly Between Our Birthdays Day for Vanessa and me. So happy day!

In other news, I joined my church choir tonight! I have been missing being part of a musical group for a while now, but I can't afford to join barbershop chorus (sorry Aunties) and also barbershop always makes me feel like I'm not me, I'm my mother's daughter, or I'm my aunts' neice. One more con is that the memory of my mother's beautiful voice singing barbershop is too painful for me to be able to non-challantly force her out of my head or something. I don't know what I'm trying to say here. It's too much. I don't want to do it.

I wanted something that was mine, that didn't make me want to cry. There. That was good. The only thing was, the music is so inspirational and beautiful, I felt like crying anyway. I told you I've found me some religion, well it hits home the best with the music. It's not the old hymns we're singing, it's the new Christian Rock stuff that's all cool and awesome. With relavent lyrics. And snappy rhythms. And the feeling of God throughout that just warms my heart and soul with relief that I've started my relationship with Him. In a weird "uh, that doesn't sound like the Jennifer I know" kind of way.

My good friend Teri-Mai is also in the choir. She's so terriffic. I just love her like the dickens. She's tall and graceful and gorgeous and kind and generous and organized and friendly and amazing. I look up to her. Literally. She's like 6'4 in her heels. She sings alto. I decided I'd be a soprano. I was an alto my whole life, but I thought I would be indulgent :) maybe I'll switch later, but this is good for now. We could go on the road singing this way! With our friend Katie too, on mandolin.

Time for bed approches. Nighty night everyone.

No comments: