Friday, February 12, 2010

My Miracle

I know that everyone I know is not a Christian. I understand that, having only recently turned my own 180 degrees and am now developing my relationship with God and Jesus. But here's the miracle that happened that just confirms to me even more that I'm doing the right thing.

Two Sundays ago we had a sermon regarding tithing and the message was [not verbatim] "nothing we have is ours, it's all God's. God's kingdom, God's stuff, God's money. Give Him 10% of your earnings in tithes, and you shall receive his blessings in abundance." While we have not given 10% into the offering pouch yet, I have been trying to keep that lesson in mind, especially recently. Now I'll get to the story of what happened.

On Tuesday on my way to work, I noticed that my pinky finger ring that Jake had given to me for Christmas was not on my finger. I checked my glove, my pockets, called Jake and got him to check the places I could think of, but we didn't find it. It was a little bit big for my pinky finger, but fit alright when I was warm. I had thought about getting it sized, but then decided not to because when I lose weight it will be a wonderful day when I can move the size seven ring over to another finger. I felt devastation at the loss of it, but I remembered the sermon and considered that it wasn't mine.I knew that I was only meant to have that ring for that amount of time and now it was free to roam the world. I thought about it floating through the pipes if it had fallen off during my shower, making its long and arduous way to the water treatment facility. I thought about another scenario where it may have fallen off my finger in Toronto (we were there on Monday) and who may have found it and what their life might be like. I thought about it being lost somewhere in our house and the next tenants to live here finding it after we move. But honestly, the sense of loss was gone because I had truly given up ownership and accepted my fate. Even yesterday afternoon my thumb felt the place where the ring used to be, and it crossed my mind to tell some of my friends at work about losing the ring, but I had accepted so quickly that it was gone that I didn't need to tell anyone.

On my way home from work I sent a little prayer up to Jesus, letting him know that I would never bargain-pray to him: "If you do this for me, then I promise I'll do that for you." The prayer must have had 'priority' written on it, because he got it and send down my blessing within a few minutes. When I got home, Jake met me at the front door with my ring!

I truly believe the ring came back to me because of the progress I'm making spiritually. And I have news for you, Piers Anthony, God is not asleep at the wheel. He's doing just fine, active, working in that mysterious way that he has.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT SAY IT ENOUGH....I AM SO ECSTATIC THAT YOU ARE COMING TO KNOW GOD; CHURCH, CHOIR, MIRACLES!! REMEMBER THIS MIRACLE THAT, I'M SURE JAKE HAS TOLD YOU ABOUT: SEPT 1998. I WAS TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL FOR AN EXCRUTIATING HEADACHE (ALONG WITH OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT I DON'T RECALL). MOST OF THIS HAS BEEN RELAYED TO ME BY THE FAMILY BC I WAS UNCONSCIENCE (SP?) AFTER/ DURING THE FIRST AMBULANCE RIDE. AN MRI WAS DONE AT THE FIRST HOSPITAL, THEN I WAS LIFEFLIGHTED TO THE NEXT HOSPITAL. THE DOCTORS TOLD MY HUSBAND "CALL YOUR FAMILY, SHE'S NOT GONNA MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT". I WAS OPERATED ON BY ONE OF THE TOP NEUROSURGEONS IN THE COUNTRY FOR A DOUBLE BRAIN ANEURYSM. MOST PEOPLE DON'T LIVE THROUGH A SINGLE ANEURYSM, NO MATTER IT'S PLACEMENT IN THE BODY. WHEN I WOKE UP TWO DAYS AFTER THE OPERATION (TRYING TO PULL MY TUBES OUT), NURSES CAME RUNNING, THE DR. CAME RUNNING INTO MY ROOM TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH HIS PATIENT. HE, A MAN OF SCIENCE, TOLD SCOTT SOMETHING LIKE THIS "I DID ALL I COULD BUT THIS IS TRULY A MIRACLE FROM GOD"!! IT'S ALSO AMAZING THAT I SUFFERED NO ILL-EFFECTS FROM THE ANEURYSMS. AT THAT TIME, PRAYERS WERE BEING PRAYED NATIONWIDE FOR ME. AND HERE I AM --11 1/2 YEARS LATER-- ALIVE AND WELL, ALL BY THE GRACE OF GOD. PRAISE HIS MIGHTY NAME!! LOVE Y'ALL, MOM-LINDA-NANNA PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE MY MIRACLE WITH YOUR CHURCH FAMILY OR ANYONE ELSE.