Monday, April 12, 2010

Last Week Of Food

Dear Food,

It's been so great knowing you. You've really comforted me in the past, and I've enjoyed a lot of you. Too much. This is our last week together for a while. And French Fries? Don't cry darlings, but I'm going to say good bye to you forever. You'll do fine. Someone else will eat you. I'm sure of it.

We sure had some good times tho, didn't we? Remember all those times Marshmallows, when I ate you hot, and sometimes burnt, off sticks? Those were fun times. And chocolate? Remember when I didn't feel guitly when I ate you? Pizza, you old kidder you. C'mon! Give us a hug before we go our separate ways.

I'll miss you, but it's for the best. I have new friends now. Their names are Small Portions and Healthy Choices. But I won't get to know them for a while yet. After our last week together is over, four weeks of liquid meal replacement shakes to get some pounds off before surgery. It's coming up fast. May 17th is but five wee short weeks away.

I'll never forget you, Food. You'll probably hear me crying your name until I get completely over you. But please don't come back to me. Not in the way we've known each other for so long. We're just not meant to be together that way any more.

Love
Jennifer

No comments: