Saturday, May 01, 2010

Wow Moments

Surgery is two weeks away and after almost two weeks on Optifast liquid diet, yesterday I had my first wows.

1) My jeans are loose. I don't wear them that often, but I tried a pair on today and I can hold the waistband away from my skin by a whole bunch! I can even pull them down without undoing the button. Wow! [side note, I might need to get a belt soon.]

2) Sitting in the "guest" chair in my bosses' office was not painful! It usually is, and if I'm there long I end up with severe pins and needles in my feet because of the circulation being cut off. But yesterday (I was away for a week) I sat and was not in pain! I couldn't believe it and made several excuses to go back to her and talk, just so I could sit in that chair again and make sure it wasn't my imagination.

3) A male co-worker who is well liked by all and very hip and funny noticed I've lost weight! Here's how it went down:

I was standing near the printer which is outside Derek's office, waiting for a large document to print. Derek came by and said "Hello!" as it was our first encounter of the day. "Hello," I said back to him. He kept walking into his office. About 5 seconds later he poked his head out his door and said "Um, " and I knew what he was going to say. Or rather, I hoped I knew. "Um, you've lost weight, eh?" he said kind of quietly. I beamed at him and said "yup!" "That's great! good for you," he beamed back, then returned into his office. Another 5-10 seconds passed and he poked out again "How much have you lost?" he inquired politely. "Thirty" I informed him. I had lost 29 lbs as of Monday and figured that rounding up one pound after an additional 4 days on Optifast wouldn't hurt. "Wow! that's really good!" Then he almost went back into his office again but instead came over to me, to have, I suppose, an official conversation. "So what are you doing?" I told him about the shakes in preparation for WLS and he was very happy for me. He used to be chubby too, before I met him 7 years ago, but took up running and now is quite the athelete. He's an awesome human being all around and I'm just thrilled to the nines that he noticed the difference already.

And to top everything off with a sugar-free cherry, when I got home from work before I could finish telling all my exciting wow moments to Jake, he was looking at me with such pride and lots of kisses and hugs I felt completely loved and cherished by my wonderful husband.

And nobody AIN'T seen NOTHIN YET!!

No comments: