Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Hello Orange Funk!

Isn't this refreshing? I love this new look! We have a nice family portrait taken professionally but our scanner has scratches and crud that we can't get off, so the picture scans are terrible. I may take the photo to Staples (that was easy) and have it professionally scanned.

I'm knitting scarves! They are $20 each. They are all the rage. Let me know if you want one. I'll even mail it long distances :)

I have white/beige, blue/turquoise/green, purple/light purple, pink/white, green/tan, and these colours too:













Here's me at my birthday party on Feb 25th, modelling a purple/burgandy scarf (my first one I made) that I gave to my friend Sabrina. Notice how awesome I look. LOL


Sage is posing with the cat we fostered for a month. We named her Heidi, cuz she hid all the time the first week. She was in the parking lot at work, all frozen and alone, with snowballs between her toes, so I rescued her. I put up signs around the neighbourhood and contacted the stupidest organization ever - Petsave - who were no help. They even lied to me and said that if I gave her to the pound, or she would be put down in three days. Later I found out the pound has a definite NO KILL policy, but since I had waited so long there would be a $70 surrender fee. I wrestled with the thought of lying and getting someone to help me drop her off as newly found, and when Heidi went into heat for the second time and started peeing on our beds again, I quickly realized that was going to be our option for her. Poor li'l girl. She was sweet, but with the baby coming and me not able to clean the litter as I'd promised Jake I would do with the extra cat, yah. We just couldn't keep her ourselves. When we dropped her off the attendant was so friendly and nice to us and the cat, she even assured us that she was so young and cute she would be snapped up very quickly. I've been checking online and her picture isn't even on the website, so I'm hopeful her destined forever family is loving her right now.

Here Hayden's modelling a green/tan scarf for me.

My birthday party, a few really good friends came over to help me celebrate. That's my friend Katie bringing me the cake I made - chocolate chip banana honey sour cream cake. YUM.

2 comments:

judiee said...

nice colors!!

Anonymous said...

Hi stranger--it's me,Evelyn, a blast from the past (well, not that long ago, but having kids makes time run, doesn't it?!)
I'm sitting here, typing one-handed as I nurse my 4th baby, Karl. He was born Sept 7th--and you had a baby around then too? Congrats! I hope all is going well! Happy Valentine's Day! Please email me and we can catch up!
Take care (and nice scarves, btw--I wish I could knit or crochet!)