Sunday, March 04, 2012

Well that was a long stretch

Hey! It's been a while.

Here's some quick catching up notes:

Christmas came and went and was wonderful. This was the last year for the old family tree (my parents bought it in '67 and gave it to me two years ago). So many branches were bent and broken that its saddness caused me to agree to put it to rest. Now it is up in Christmas Tree Heaven, looking down on us and smiling.

Hayden turned 7 years old on Dec 24th. That's been weird, having him so old. He's so OLD! practically double digits! My handsom li'l man.

We went to North Bay for New Year's Eve, me and the boys. We didn't have someone to watch the dog so Jake stayed home. We had a great time care of the loveable Szabbies.

January was kind of a blur, February was full of anticipation for the 27th, my 37th birthday, which was AWESOME. ("I'm 37, I'm not OLD!") I love my birthday, but this year was the best one EVER. We found out we're EXPECTING!! YAHOO!!!!

I'm about 5 1/2 weeks along, due probaby Halloween. The boys are stoked. Jake hadn't wanted a third child, but he's on board with this unexpected blessing and enthusiastically going over names with me already (!) and everything.

I haven't had any morning sickness yet, but I've been to see my family doctor for the referral to Dr. M. Franklin (who delivered Hayden) and the family doc gave me a Rx for diclectin just to have on-hand in case I feel nausea coming on. I've had a few mild waves so far, and I'm taking the diclectin for preventative reasons most days. I've also got the folic acid added to my regular vitamin and iron and calcium regime, so I think I don't have to take a specifically prenatal vitamin, with all this other stuff already.

The baby is the size of a sesame seed now, but when I first found out about him/her last week (we're hoping for a girl btw, if you pray, please pray for a girl for us) he/she was the size of a poppy seed, so I've been referring to the baby as Poppy. My friends at work who know and love me also call her Poppy. It's cute.

I have to explain to the boys that the baby will take a long time to get here. Sage has rubbed my belly and said he can feel her moving already, and they've both taken to listening for the heartbeat too. I told them the baby is the size of a crumb! You can't feel or hear her yet! They remain convinced they can. I know they're going to be amazing big brothers to this baby, brother or sister may she be.

No comments: