Monday, August 14, 2006

Had a nice trip

Yesterday Jake and Hayden and Lacey and I went to our friend's farm, and while I was on my way to take an axe out of Hayden's hand (we were outside in their fenced in yard) I twisted my ankle on a lumpy tree root that was hidden in the grass. I fell on my knee and then on my front. That was scary. My brain caught fire with "protect the baby! did my water break? am I bleeding? oh shit!" Jake, Sabrina, and Chris came running over to me, and I was like "Can someone please get that axe away from Hayden?" For all the emotional distress I've been under lately, I did not even shed a tear. Jake even said later that he was proud of me for not crying. I don't know how, but even tho I fell face down, I don't think the baby got hurt. Maybe my elbows got under me first, but they weren't even grass stained. They were all asking me if I wanted a hand up, and I didn't. I just wanted to catch my breath and recoup there in the grass. I went on my side, and tested out my ankle (still mobile, sore, but not broken) and my knee (bruised but not broken either) and kinda enjoyed the different perspective of life for a moment. Hayden came over and lay down with me in the crook of my arm, which I thought was especially sweet. It was our "going to bed" position. As I was getting up, Chris congratulated me on avoiding any and all poop during the fall. I told him I have a kind of radar. Like I said, they live on a farm. They've got 3 pigs, 3 dogs, ducks and chickens, and their one pig is a domesticated Pot Bellied pig that they let inside and everything. The point is they let the one pig and three dogs have free range of the yard. Anyway I got up and went inside to the washroom to check and see if I was bleeding. I wasn't, so yay! Incidentally, Jake said afterwards that the axe really was a shovel. Whew. Today my injuries are alright, no major swelling or bruising. Just a little sore still. The worst part is that sleeping last night wasn't great, and my back is stiff and sore today. I have benefits for the next 2 days. I wonder if I could fit in a massage.....

No comments: